Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ryan's Roost Goes Live!

Hola!  Thanks so much for following my blog and becoming part of my Ryan’s Roost like minds or not.  This blog is all about sharing experiences, ideas, failures, successes, and words of wisdom that I have acquired over the years.

I have raised three great children who are exceptional people who make this world a better place.  They keep me in check and make sure my negative nuances do not surface too much.  It’s amazing how our parent’s scripts come to the surface at times. My kids keep me in the now as best they can, I still think Neil Diamond is an Icon in music, ha!

I am married to the love of my life and even though this is trivialized, my soul mate.  For 35 years we have experienced this life we have been given and tried to live for every Passage we enter.  She amazes me daily, I am so blessed that she continues to put up with me for this long. However, we have a 50-year commitment and in 15 years she can go paint the town red or renew our contract.  Wow, I could be so lucky to hit 50 years with this lady. 

This blog will talk about my passions: family, hunting, some politics and wildlife and habitat conservation.  I am a Montanan at heart, born and raised in my early years and consider the Big Sky Country my basic roots.  I love the Mountains, the rivers, and the resources they have to offer so this will be a major topic for me to help share this wonderful place with others.

Why is the Male Sage Grouse and his hens my logo for this blog? Well,  I read an article about this marvelous bird and how his survival impacts how his habitat survives.  His sage habitat is so critical to many other animals, plants, and birds in the west. His survival is a great indicator of the health of the West for elk, deer, pronghorn, sheep, birds and all the other plants that need to have a healthy environment.

That’s enough for now, check my facebook and twitter if you want to stay connected. Take care and see you in the SAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment