Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year! My Reflection of 2012!

2013 is upon us and I wanted to share a special moment I had recently on this last day of 2012.

My wife and I celebrate our 35th  wedding anniversary today and when we both reflected on the past 35 years, the common denominator for our love always comes back to our children.

Our children are our legacy because they are such marvelous human beings and make this world a better place. Is that not the essence of love, to leave this world a better place? It isn’t about the money, the things you acquire but the impact you make on others.

Let me give you just some examples of how proud we are of these three special people.  We watched our oldest daughter perform her award winning choreography piece at the Sacramento State Dance competition and her creativity took our breath away on how good it was. She has repeatedly amazed us with awards for her creative work, recently winning the top fundraiser publication for Sacramento Safari Club International. This is her fourth win in five years, amazing.

We watched out number two daughter perform in a play at the California High School drama competition in front of hundreds of people and she was a star.  She also just completed her UC Davis Physician Assistant degree and we marvel at her passion for medicine and helping others.

My son wrote a play in high school and it was performed at the B Street Theater in Sacramento, How neat was that and how proud we were.

This last week I attended the Kendal Arnett Basketball Tournament at Placer High School. I sat down next to a man I recognized from the High School my kids went to and we began a conversation.  I told him my kids went to the high school he works at and he said he remembered them.  We confirmed that he had presented a scholarship to my son in memory of his son who was a policeman and was killed in the line of duty.  I thanked him for recognizing my son and he said it was no contest. Every time they ran the criteria model to choose the recipient, my son always came up on top. They loved all the comments his peers, teachers, and administration said about him, his integrity, honesty, leadership and that he was admired by many. Wow! I had a hard time composing myself, emotions surfaced. He said to say hello to Dan and left. 

Our love for each other the past 35 years has been a journey many do not get to enjoy. Thanks you my love for the past 35 years.  I told my wife, “Ok, just 15 more years and your free, that was our agreement, 50 yrs” She said “Deal” Ha- Ha, we will just renew for another 50!

Have a safe and peaceful New Years Eve, be careful and we will talk in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment